Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sophomore No Longer...

The origins of the word "sophomore" are Greek, "sophos" meaning wise and "moros" meaning foolish. "Wise fool". I find this label most appropriate for most tenth-graders, including myself.

Despite reading Sean Covey's Seven Habits of a Highly Effective Teen, I found myself slacking off for a majority of the year. Without a doubt, procrastination was my toughest challenge, and I would be lying to myself if I said it was a problem of the past. I wish putting things off until the last minute was a habit I would grow out of, but for some reason, I think a lot more effort will be required to change my poor study habits. I can already tell that, as a junior, self-discipline is vital.

I remember being in second grade and thinking about my older cousins ...Seventh grade?! Wow, you are old! Now seventh grade seems a lifetime ago, when really, it was only about four years ago. (I don't feel that old!)

Now, I only have two years of highschool left. Two years until I graduate. Two years until I step out into the world outside of BHS. Just two. Amazing.

No comments: