Tuesday, October 14, 2008

2008 Presidential Election

I am not saying I would choose McCain if I were to vote next month in the presidential election. I agree with both McCain and Obama on different issues. However, when I started researching, I found that McCain had more viewpoints similar to mine than did Obama.

I support senator McCain's choice of Sarah Palin as his running mate. She is an amazing leader who would make an excellent Vice President.

On the other hand, I do not agree with Mc Cain's plan to drill for oil in the Outer Continental Shelf, where thousands of aquatic species live. The moratorium that forbids drilling for oil and gasoline off the coasts was created for a reason. I believe the answer to the issue of dependency on fuel from other countries lies in production of alternative fuels from renewable resources.

I agree that being a leader in green economy is extremely important for our country. We need to lead by example instead of just discussing the issues. I support McCain's plan for creating new power plants. I believe that with all the natural disasters and high cost of living, this source of power, currently providing only twenty percent of our energy, could expand greatly to our benefit.

No comments: